Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Trendy Tuesday~ Tropical Prints and Styles

Hello everyone!!!

        Long time no post, but I'm back now! Today we are going to look at Tropical prints and styles. I'm on summer vacation right now, so I'm loving all the great beach and Island themed things I've been seeing everywhere. American Girl is no exception, and I loved the new tropical releases the brought out as part of Truly Me.

Got to love the flamingo print on this dress! Plus the starfish bracelet and sandals! So cute!!

The continuation of the beachy corals on this outfit is awesome!!

The island feel continues with the purchase with purchase swim gear. This collection is my favorite My AG (now Truly Me) release for a long time.

Then I went to Khols and saw these adorable shorts:
I loooove the flamingo print!!
With these cute releases in mind, I looked to etsy to find some more adorable clothing that you could add to your doll's collection. Here are my pics for this week:


1. Blue Pineapple Party Crop Tank, $7 from Closet4Chloe
    The word "party" perfectly describes the fun way the pineapples are laid out on this crop tank. The blue provides a contrast for the yellow pineapples, which speak tropical.

2. Summer Beach Scene Crop Tank, $7 from Closet4Chloe
    I love the way Closet4Chloe uses vintage-y images and prints in their crop tops. This tank calls to summer past on the beach. The monochromatic scheme of oranges and browns emphasizes vintage flair on a piece with a very modern design.
3. Tropical Maxi Dress, $12 from PineappleBlueDesigns
    I love the way the print on this dress uses elements of tribal design in tandem with tropical images like pineapples and palm trees. We've been seeing quite a lot of pineapples this season, and they are all so fun!
4. Summer Fun aqua luau party dress, $20 from LollyDollyDesigns
  The blue on this dress oozes tropical flavor reminiscent of crystal Caribbean waters. I love the bright colors of this dress and the accessories it comes with. The necklace and hibiscus hair accessory (not pictured) turn the dress into an outfit.
5. Cut off shorts in Pineapple denim, $14 from LoriLizGirlsandDolls    These shorts are by far my favorite pineapple piece of the whole bunch. I love how the pineapples pop on the white fabric, and the choice of a yellowy green emphasizes warm colors. The cut off bottoms were an interesting choice for what are otherwise such a clean cut pair of shorts, but I think it works.
6. Pineapple with Sunglasses Crop Tank, $7 from Closet4Chloe
    This pineapple is so cute! The sunglasses are awesome! This is a pretty simple crop top, but I think its understatement allows for a great deal of mix and match possibilities some of the other items on the list don't have.

That's my wardrobe inspiration this week! Have you seen any tropical flair around local stores lately? Where? What do you think about tropical themed clothing?



No comments:

Post a Comment