Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Trendy Tuesday ~ Crop Tops

Hello everyone!

     Today we are going to be looking at a trend that I have a love-hate relationship with: crop tops.
A screen shot from Hollister's website showing a variety of crop top styles.
I personally look terrible in crop tops, so I don't wear them myself (plus they are super NOT modest). They do look cute on some people though, and I was very surprised to see how good they looked on dolls. We don't own any crop tops for our dolls, but one of our favourite shops, Closet4Chloe, seems to specialize in crop tops for dolls. Here are some of my favorites:

1. Black and White Colorblock Crop Top, $7
    I love the crisp, clean look of this top, which is accentuated by the white embroidery on the black edges. This would be really cute paired with a skater skirt, what do you think?
2. Steampunk Owl Crop Top, $7
    I'm addicted to Steampunk style, so this top was an obvious choice for me. Crop tops are a great way to put a twist on traditional graphic tees! The plain white was a good color choice, as it makes the clockwork owl the center piece of the top.
3. Lined Floral Rose Woven Crop Top, $8
    Most of the crop tops in Closet4Chloe were made of knit fabric, so I thought linen was a fun way to deviate. This top would be great for dressier occasions, or a shabby chic look.
4. Ethnic Elephant Graphic Crop Top $7
    We talked about boho and tribal style a few weeks ago, and this elephant graphic top seemed like a great way to tie both trends together. The maroon color of the elephant is a lot of fun and reminds me of henna tattoos.
5. Trendy Tropical Cap Sleeve Crop Top, $9
     With summer drawing ever nearer (two more weeks) this shirt seems quite relevant. I love the island colors and cap sleeves, which deviate from the tank style most of Closet4Chloe's tops use.

As you can see from the sheer variety of tops in just one shop, the crop top style allows for plenty of variation and experimentation!

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment